When it comes to managing different contacts in Affinity for different reasons, lists are the way to go!
There are 3 types of lists you can create in Affinity:
Some examples of people-type lists:
- Recruiting Pipeline - Track applicants in a recruiting pipeline and see what stage they're in.
- VIPs - Keep a list of all the important people in your network.
- Event Tracking - Track all the people and the events they have attended in the past.
Some examples of organization-type lists:
- Dealflow - Manage your deals and track their progress over time.
- Portfolio Companies - Keep a list of your portfolio companies in one place.
Some examples of opportunity-type lists:
- Limited Partners (LPs) - Track both individual and institutional investors in one place.
- Fundraising - Track different fundraising rounds over time.
Important Notes for Opportunity Lists
- Update for 01:18 in the video above - enriched fields and global fields from organization lists are now available in opportunity lists as well (sheet view only).
- However, enriched fields and global fields from people lists will not show up in opportunity lists.
- Learn more about how to leverage opportunities here: How to create and leverage opportunities
As you create these lists, learn more about the different types of fields that are available in each list and how you can use them to track specific data points: Fields: Enriched, Global, and List-specific.