If you are using a Google (Workspace) email account, you may run into these authorization errors below:
Why am I running into this error message?
Your company's Google Workplace admin has placed additional security measures around all third-party applications. Or if you have Google's Advanced Protection enabled. The Google admin could verify this by:
- Going to https://admin.google.com
- Click Security, then click API Controls.
- Checking to see if Block all third-party API access is enabled.
How can the Google Workspace admin enable us to access Affinity?
- The Google Workspace admin will need to sign in at https://admin.google.com.
- Then, they must click the (1)Menu icon, click (2)Security, then click (3)API Controls underneath it.
- Click Manage Third-Party App Access on the right side.
- While on Security > API Controls > App Access Control, click on the Apps tab, then click Configure new app, and select OAuth App Name Or Client ID.
- On the search field, type in,
58752958944-8q2v1e9blo1k93rl2gs3ncgmq7g1njhi.apps.googleusercontent.com, then click Search. Affinity will appear as your search result, click Select.
- Click the (1)checkbox matching the Client ID,
58752958944-8q2v1e9blo1k93rl2gs3ncgmq7g1njhi.apps.googleusercontent.com, then click (2)Select.
- Select Trusted: Can access all Google Services, then click Configure.
- You should now be able to see Affinity under the Apps tab. Users should now be able to access Affinity.