Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take if the Affinity Pathfinder Chrome Extension is not working on your Chrome web browser.
- Though Pathfinder could be installed in other browsers. We recommend using the Google Chrome browser with the Pathfinder extension. Affinity currently does not support using the extension on other browsers.
- The Chrome browser is up to date.
- The Chrome browser is not a Beta version.
- Ensure you are signed onto Affinity Pathfinder.
- In the Chrome browser's search bar, type in chrome://extensions to make sure Affinity Pathfinder is enabled. You can also click Update to ensure you have the most recent version of Affinity Pathfinder.
- In the Chrome browser's search bar, type in chrome://settings, click the Privacy and Security tab, then click Cookies and other site data. You must have Allow all cookies or Block third-party cookies in Incognito.
- Uninstall the extension, and reinstall the extension.
- If you're still running into issues, it may be that your VPN, ad blockers, or script blockers may be preventing Affinity Pathfinder from loading. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot of all your installed Chrome extensions and we'd be happy to take a deeper look.
Why aren't people or organizations being associated with the email thread?
- You must make sure that the people associated in the email thread exist as contacts in your All People directory.
- We only pull in the organizations based on the people who are surfacing under the "People" section. These organizations must be associated with the people.