Integrate Affinity with Mailchimp by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your Affinity CSM and asking them to unlock this integration for your account. As always, you must be on the Premium or Enterprise tiers and be an account admin (see Affinity Native Integrations).
- When to use Affinity's Mailchimp integration over the bulk email feature
- How to access the Mailchimp integration
- Integration #1 - Affinity Person List to Mailchimp Audience List
- Integration #2 - Mailchimp Campaign Activities to Affinity Persons
When to use Affinity's Mailchimp integration over the bulk email feature
We highly suggest leveraging Affinity's Mailchimp integration over the bulk email feature if you/your team have the following use cases:
- For marketing teams that create branded and stylized email campaigns.
- For investor relations teams that send out newsletters with embedded images regarding investment updates and portfolio activity. If there is no need to embed images within the email body, then you can leverage the bulk email feature instead.
Source: StrictlyVC Newsletter
- Announcements on new initiatives and events - often used by marketing/investor relations teams at larger firms as well as deal team members at smaller firms.
We are looking into integrations with Hubspot and other email marketing vendors to support use cases similar to those of Mailchimp. We have also seen interest in integrations with sales automation tools such as Outreach, with the primary use cases being:
- Building a list of leads within Affinity for starting a business development campaign.
- Streamlining a process to move top-of-funnel leads through the pipeline.
- Creating more rigorous email sequences which follow a uniform process.
If there are other platforms you'd like Affinity to support with integrations, let us know at email@example.com and we'd be happy to provide your feedback to our product team.
How to access the Mailchimp integration
- Once you've unlocked this integration for your account, click your Personal Avatar on the top-right corner of your screen, then click Settings.
- Click on the Integrations tab, then click on Mailchimp.
- Jump to the relevant Mailchimp integration to learn more:
Affinity Person List to Mailchimp Audience List
For all list entries within a specific Affinity people list, they will continuously sync to a specific Mailchimp audience of your choice.
- Within the Affinity Person List to Mailchimp Audience List integration, click Select.
- Click Configure new solution.
- Authenticate your Mailchimp account, then click Next.
- Select the Affinity people list that you'd like to sync from. Then, select the Mailchimp Audience that you’d like to sync into. If there are already entries in this Affinity people list, they'll be retroactively added to the Mailchimp audience.
Note: If you have over 200 Mailchimp Audiences, it may not show up as a suggestion. In that case, follow the steps below to retrieve the unique ID for the Mailchimp Audience you want to select:
- Go to your Mailchimp Audience dashboard.
- Then, select the Mailchimp Audience - in this example, the audience is labeled as Affinity.
- Then, click Manage Audience and click Settings.
- Scroll down to find the Unique ID for this Mailchimp Audience.
- Finally, copy and paste the Unique ID in the "Mailchimp Audience" field in Affinity.
- Now, you can also set additional filter conditions to avoid syncing irrelevant people into Mailchimp (optional). If this doesn't apply, you can skip this step.
- Click Finish and you're all set! You should see the people from your Affinity people list show up in your specific Mailchimp audience as expected.
Important Callouts for "Affinity Person List to Mailchimp Audience List"
- This integration will only sync from your Affinity people list into your Mailchimp Audience list. Any changes made directly within your Mailchimp Audience list will not update your Affinity people list.
- Removing a person from your Affinity people list will archive that person in the Mailchimp Audience list.
- Once that person is archived on the Mailchimp Audience list, re-adding that person in your Affinity people list will not unarchive that same person in the Mailchimp Audience list.
- If the email address of a person in the Affinity people list is updated after they've been added to the Mailchimp Audience list, it will neither update the existing email address in the Mailchimp Audience list nor add that new email address as a new entry - nothing will happen.
Mailchimp Campaign Activities to Affinity Persons
For all Mailchimp campaign activities, Affinity will create global fields to sync and track these activities accordingly.
- Within the Mailchimp Campaign Activities to Affinity Persons integration, click Select.
- Click Configure new solution.
- Authenticate your Mailchimp account. You will see a modal prompting you to accept permissions.
- Click Finish and you're all set!
- You should see three global fields created: Mailchimp Campaign Opened, Mailchimp Campaign Clicked, and Mailchimp Campaign Bounced. They will be retroactively updated from your previous campaigns and will be accessible in your All People directory and across all people-type lists.
- You can now filter by each of these global fields to narrow down your search to specific campaigns.
Note: We currently do not support required merged tags other than FNAME and LNAME.