For any interactions not captured in your email or calendar (i.e. Linkedin, WhatsApp, text messages, or unscheduled calls/meetings), you can manually log them in Affinity to ensure:
- These interactions enrich the context of your/your team's communication history with people, organizations, and opportunities.
- These interactions improve the relationship strengths you have with your connections.
How to log interactions into Affinity
You can log an interaction by clicking + Add New on the bottom-left corner of the global navigation sidebar.
- You can also log an interaction on a contact's profile page by clicking the Log Interaction tab.
Once you click Log Interaction, you can choose one of three interaction types: Meeting, Call, or Message.
Choosing Meeting or Call will enrich the Last Meeting and Last Contact columns.
Choosing Message will only enrich the Last Contact column.
- Remember to specify the date and time in which the interaction took place by clicking on the date and time fields on the top-right corner.
- Then, add the relevant people you have interacted with in the "Participants" field. This will not notify the participants in any way, they are simply being tagged as part of the interaction.
Note: For the participants in this field, this interaction will get treated as a meeting when clicking into any of their profile pages.
- Then, add any other people, organizations, and opportunities you have spoken about in the "Also added to" field just below. This will not notify the entities in any way, they are simply being tagged as part of the interaction.
Note: For the entities in this field, this interaction will get treated as a regular note when clicking into any of their profile pages.
- Last but not least, write out your note with rich text formatting and/or note templates, then click Publish.
- You must add at least one external contact (someone outside of your team) to log the interaction. Affinity does not surface interactions that take place only amongst team members.
Example: In the screenshot above, Alan Kuang (my team member using Affinity) and I (Brian Lee) are the only participants, which leads to the error message when attempting to click Publish.
- Users can only have 1 draft at a time for logged interactions created from the global navigation sidebar.
- The draft persists until a user deletes it or clears their local storage:
- This means that users can close their session and return to the minimized draft, or open a new tab and see the same draft.
- If users clear their local storage, there is nothing we can do to recover the draft.