Once you determine what type of list you'll be creating, you can start creating saved views within that list and customize them according to your personal preferences.
- Types of saved views within a list
- List-level actions vs View-level actions
Types of saved views within a list
While all users can view their list data in 2 ways (sheet views and board views), those on the Premium(Legacy), Enterprise(Legacy), Scale, Advanced, and Enterprise tiers will also have access to Affinity Analytics in the form of dashboard views.
- Sheet View - View your list data in a table-style format with cells.
- Board View - View your list data in a Kanban-style format with cards (see Affinity Board Views).
- Dashboard View - View your list data in a report-style format with visual charts, graphs, and funnels (see Affinity Analytics - Premium(Legacy), Enterprise(Legacy), Scale, Advanced, and Enterprise tiers).
List-level actions vs View-level actions
It is important to know the difference between the list-level actions you can take regarding the entire list and the view-level actions you can take within each saved view.
List-level actions (from left-to-right)
- Click on the list title to easily edit the title (list owners and list admins only)
- Click on the star icon to easily favorite/unfavorite the list
- Click on Share to share the list with your team members (list owners and list admins only)
- Click on List Options to see the additional actions you can take on the list level
View-level actions (from left-to-right)
See How to leverage saved views within a list to learn more about the specific view-level actions you can take for a saved view.
- On the first row, you navigate across the different saved views for that specific list (from left-to-right):
- Click on Views to access all your private/shared saved views, as well as pin/unpin/delete saved views.
- Next to Views, you'll have your opened saved views in the form of tabs you can click from one to the next.
- To the very right, click on the + icon to create a new saved view, access an existing saved view, or choose a saved view template provided by Affinity.
- On the second row, you can take all these actions for that specific saved view (from left-to-right):
- Click on the blue + icon to add a contact as a list entry
- Click on the saved view title to edit the title
- Click on View Permissions icon (lock icon or people icon) to make it private/shared
- Click on the Search icon to easily find a contact within the saved view
- Click on Filter, Sort, or Customize to change your saved view to your liking.
- Click on the Filter interactions icon to filter for a particular team member's communications
- Click on the Save icon to update the saved view with the changes you made or create a copy.
- Click on the Revert icon to revert any changes you made - this only applies to the saved view configuration, not to any field value changes.
- Click on the Export icon to export the current saved view as a CSV file (see How to export data from your Affinity lists).
- Click on the Full screen icon to view in full screen mode.
If you have any feedback/questions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.