Make bulk edits on lists, take quick actions, and increase productivity using Affinity's keyboard shortcuts.
- Click, then Shift-Click - bulk select entries in a list
- Alt/Option + A - add a new list entry to a list
- Alt/Command + K - search for a list or a profile page
- Alt/Option + F - filter for certain list entries or values within a list
- Shift + ↓/↑ - highlight multiple cells in a given direction - one cell at a time
- Shift + Command/Control + ↓/↑ - highlight all cells in a given direction - all at once
- Copying and Pasting Values - copy/paste values from one cell to another cell
- How to bulk edit values: Copy, then Shift + ↓/↑, then Paste - copy/paste values from one cell to multiple cells at the same time
Click, then Shift-Click
To bulk-select/deselect entries in a list, click the checkbox for the first entry, then Shift-Click the last entry.
Alt/Option + A
To quickly add a new list entry to a people, organization, or opportunity list.
Alt/Command + K
To quickly search for lists or profile pages.
Alt/Option + F
To quickly filter for certain list entries or values based on keyword.
Shift + ↓/↑
To highlight multiple cells in a given direction - one cell at a time (similar to Excel and Google Sheets).
Shift + Command/Control + ↓/↑
To highlight all the cells in a given direction - all at once (similar to Excel and Google Sheets).
Copying and Pasting Values
For PC keyboards: Ctrl + C (copy), then Ctrl + V (paste).
For Mac keyboards: Command + C (copy), then Command + V (paste).
How to bulk edit values: Copy, then Shift + ↓/↑, then Paste
You cannot bulk edit values across multiple columns at the same time. You can only bulk edit values on one column at a time by doing the following:
- Copy the values in one cell by pressing Cmd/Ctrl + C.
- Then, click on the first cell you want to paste the value in.
- Then, press Shift + ↓/↑ to highlight certain values or Shift + Command/Control + ↓/↑ to highlight all values you want to bulk edit and change.
- Finally, press Cmd/Ctrl + V to paste.