It may be okay to view your team members' interactions with external contacts (people outside of your team), but perhaps not with internal contacts (your team members). Salary discussions, one-on-one meetings, and performance reviews are just a few reasons why Affinity does not reveal interactions that occur among team members only.
How to determine who is an internal contact
There are three ways to know whether a contact is considered an internal contact:
- Internal Contact - All registered users in your team Affinity account (as shown in Settings > Team management).
- Inferred Internal Contact - People who are not registered users in your team Affinity account, but have email domains that match the registered email domain of the respective Affinity account that they are in. They will be treated just like internal contacts from a privacy perspective.
- If your Affinity account is companyxyz.affinity.co and the registered email domain for this account is "@companyxyz.com", then all team members who aren't registered users, but have email addresses that contain "@companyxyz.com" will be considered inferred internal contacts.
- You will not be able to see the email/calendar interactions that anyone has had with the internal contact when viewing the internal contact's profile page.
- You will not be able to delete internal contact's profile pages.
How to determine who is an external contact
There are two ways to know whether a contact is considered an external contact:
- Verify whether any of their email addresses have email domains that do not match the registered email domain(s) of the team Affinity account that you are in.
- You will be able to see the email/calendar interactions that you and your registered team members have with that external contact.
- You will be able to delete external contact's profile pages.
Note: If some external contacts may be personal and not work-related (i.e. spouse, doctor, family member, etc.), deleting them will not be helpful if you're going to continue communicating with them via the email accounts you're syncing into Affinity, since they will simply get auto-created again. Therefore, we highly suggest adding them as Hidden Contacts by going to your Privacy Settings, which will hide all email/calendar communications related to these individuals.