Learn about the three ways you can export notes from Affinity.
Note: If you don't see the Export button or the Export option for notes, it is most likely because you are on the Enterprise tier and your Enterprise Admin has disabled exporting options for your account role (see Important Callouts).
- Exporting notes from lists
- Exporting notes from profile pages
- Exporting all team members' notes (Enterprise Admins only)
- Important Callouts
Exporting notes from lists
Export all the notes associated with the organization(s), people, or opportunities based on the list they are in. When exporting, you will only be exporting the notes of list entries that appear in the saved view you're currently on. If you wish to export the notes of all list entries, remove all filters before following the steps below.
- Click the Export icon, then click Export all notes in view. This will include notes attached to synced calendar events and manually logged meetings/phone calls.
- Once the download is ready, you will receive an email notification that includes the link to download the CSV file.
- You can also download the file by clicking on Notifications on the left sidebar.
- Finally, open the downloaded CSV file - it should look like the following below.
Exporting notes from profile pages
- Go to the profile page you wish to export notes from, then click the ellipsis (3-dotted icon).
- Click Export notes. This will export all notes associated with that contact, including notes attached on synced calendar events and manually logged meetings/phone calls.
Exporting all team members' notes (Enterprise Admins only)
Please note that this feature is only available for Enterprise Admins on the Enterprise tier.
- If you are an Enterprise Admin for your team's Affinity account, click on Settings on the left-side of your screen.
- Click on Export Data tab, then click Export for the first option: Export all of my team's notes.
- While this will include notes attached on synced calendar events and manually logged meetings/phone calls, only the notes that are shared with the Enterprise Admin specifically will be exported. Any private notes or shared notes that the Enterprise Admin does not have access to will not be exported.
- If you don't see the Export button or the Export option for notes, it is most likely because you are on the Enterprise tier and your Enterprise Admin has disabled exporting options for your account role.
- To ensure the success of exporting large datasets, all your note exports will be sent to your email inbox, or by clicking the Notifications on the global navigation sidebar.
- The more data that is being exported, the longer it will take to process - if you don't receive an email notification within 2-3 hours, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help.