For our Professional and Premium tier customers, there are 2 different account roles at the account level: Standard and Admin. For our Enterprise tier customers, there is an additional account role: Enterprise Admin. The tables below show the permissions given to each account role.
Note: Being an Admin does not mean that you are automatically a List Admin for specific lists that you have access to. To have full list privileges for certain lists, you must ask the List Owner to make you a List Admin as well (see How to share lists in Affinity).
- Professional and Premium Tiers
- Enterprise Tier
- How to change a user's account-level role and view permissions associated with each role
- Important Callouts
Professional and Premium Tiers
Note: Professional tier customers who have signed up before July 5, 2023 will have access to 40,000 API calls/month, while those who have signed up on/after July 5, 2023 will not have API access. Premium tier customers will have access to 100,000 API calls/month, regardless of when they signed up.
Please note that these are the default roles provided for Enterprise tier accounts - the permissions for your team may vary if your Enterprise Admin has made any changes by clicking Edit Permissions.
What permissions can the Enterprise Admin change? (Enterprise only)
- If you're an Enterprise Admin on your account, click Edit Permissions to see what permissions can be changed.
- These are all the permissions that can be changed as of July 2023. Please note that account roles in Affinity are hierarchical (any permissions given to Standard users will also be given to Admin users by default). Once you're done making changes, click Save.
- If you have feedback on other permissions you'd like to change that aren't currently editable, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to change a user's account-level role and view permissions associated with each role
- Click on Settings on the left-side of your screen.
- Click Users and Permissions, then select an account role (Admin or Standard) for each team member.
To learn more about the different permissions given to each account role, click on the Roles tab.
If you're an Enterprise Admin on the Enterprise tier, you can also edit certain permissions by clicking Edit Permissions (see the section titled: What permissions can the Enterprise Admin change?).
- Professional/Premium tiers: Only the Admin(s) can set the account role of their team members to Standard or Admin.
- Enterprise tier: Only the Enterprise Admin(s) can change users' account roles by default, but they can delegate these permissions to Standard or Admin roles by clicking Edit Permissions.
- The Enterprise Admin role cannot be assigned in-product. Please contact email@example.com or your Affinity representative to do so.
For Enterprise Admins on the Enterprise tier:
If you remove the permission for Admin and/or Standard users to generate an API key, the following will occur:
They can no longer generate an API key (the API tab in Settings will be hidden).
All existing API keys attached to each user will be disabled.
If you decide to reenable the permission for Admin and/or Standard users to generate an API key, the following will occur:
Their previous API keys will not be reenabled and they will need to generate a new API key.