Streamline the creation of new contacts by only displaying the fields that are important to your team. Please note that when setting up default fields, all changes made will apply to everyone on your team.
How to customize default fields
- Click on Settings on the left-side of your screen.
- Click Default Fields, then click the Menu icon to choose from the 4 different sections below:
- General Fields: Account admins can choose which global fields to show/require when creating a new person or organization.
Opportunities, Organizations, and People: Those who are list admins can choose which list-specific fields to show/require for their respective lists when users attempt to add entries to these lists.
- Click the checkboxes for the fields you want to show and uncheck those you'd like to hide.
- Drag and drop to reorder the layout of the fields. You will notice that some fields are locked - these are Affinity's default fields and cannot be removed or reordered.
- You can also select which fields are Required to be filled out. Otherwise, you can leave them as Optional.
- You can also preview how these fields will appear on these different platforms: Web, Chrome Extension, and Mobile.
- Once you're done customizing, click Save.
Important Callouts for Required Fields
We will not enforce required fields when new contacts are created or new list entries are added via the following methods:
- Data Imports
- External API
- Auto-created organizations and people by Affinity
- Entities that already exist on a list