Save time on data entry by displaying only the fields that are important to your team. Please note that when setting up default fields, all changes made will apply to everyone on your team.
Who can customize the view?
- List Admins: You will have permission to customize the list specific fields for any lists you have administrative privileges for.
- Account Admins: You will have permission to change the global fields that appear under the 'General' tab.
How to customize default fields?
1. Click your Personal Avatar icon on the top-right corner, then click Settings.
2. Select Default Fields, then click on the hamburger icon to select your list.
- General Fields: Account admins will be able to customize the global fields that appear under the General tab on a contact's profile page.
- Opportunities, Organizations, and People: List-level admins on certain lists will be able to customize the list-specific fields for any lists you have administrative privileges for.
3. Select the boxes you want to show, uncheck to hide. Drag and drop as well to reorder the layout of the fields. You can also preview how the selected fields will appear by simply selecting the different platforms (Web, Chrome Extension, and Mobile).
4. Click Save.
Note: You will notice that some fields are locked, these are the Affinity default fields and cannot be removed or reordered.
How to make Required Fields?
You can select which columns will be required by your team to fill out in order to create an entity or add it to a list (not retroactively, only starting from that point on). You will see a text box with two dropdown options to the right of each field:
- Optional: These fields will show as an option but will not be required to fill out in order to continue.
- Required: These fields will show as an option and be required to fill out in order to continue.
We will not enforce Required Fields for entities added/modified via:
- Data Imports
- Alliances Imports
- External API
- Auto-created organizations and people by Affinity
- Entities that already exist on a list