As your workflow evolves, you may need to update your dropdown-type fields by adding, editing, or removing dropdown options. Here's everything you need to know.
Who can update dropdown options for global fields?
- Admins at the Account Level (see Account Level Permissions). Global fields will be available to all users.
Who can update dropdown options for list-specific fields?
- List Admins and the List Owner for each given list (see List Level Permissions). List-specific fields are only available to those with access to that specific list.
How to update dropdown options
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the column you wish to update, then click Edit [column name].
- To add a new dropdown option: Click on + Create a new value.
- To edit an existing dropdown option: Click on the dropdown option you wish to edit/rename.
- To remove an existing dropdown option: Click on the Trash icon beside the dropdown option you wish to remove.
- To merge two existing dropdown options: Rename one of the dropdown options to the same name as the other. By doing so, we’ll auto-update all cells including the previous dropdown option.
- Click Save.