Forecast into the future to see how many deals you expect to close over any date range, based on the status that each deal is in.
Note: You can only generate forecast reports using opportunity-type lists, not people-type or organization-type lists.
Please note that those on the Premium and Enterprise tiers may no longer see the Reports tab - we highly suggest leveraging Affinity Analytics’ advanced reporting features instead. For those on the Professional tier with access to the Reports tab, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have both the default Status and Close Date columns filled out to successfully generate a Forecast Report.
Note: The ability to assign and edit the win probabilities for the Status column are only available in opportunity-type lists.
- Then, click the Reports tab on your global navigation bar.
Note: A reminder that those on the Premium and Enterprise tiers may not see the Reports tab since they already have access to Affinity Analytics, the preferred analytics tool.
- Select Forecast this quarter.
- Select an opportunity-type list and specify a period of time for the Close date to view the Forecast report.
How probabilities are calculated into the Forecast Report
- Expected Revenue = win probability * amount
- The win probability will range from 0 to 1.
- The win probability of Won statuses is always 1.
- Example: Imagine there's a 50% chance for deals in the "Due Diligence" status to close.
- If you have 2 deals in that status (Deal #1 is going for $100k while Deal #2 is going for $50k), your estimated revenue next month would be $75k.