When exporting a list, you can download the CSV file either via the email you will receive in your inbox or the Notification icon on the top-right corner. Depending on the list-type, here are the types of exports you can do within a list:
|People lists||Organization lists||Opportunity lists|
|Export this view as CSV||X||X||X|
|Export all notes in view||X||X||X|
|Export all people in view||X||X||X|
|Export all introductions in view||X||X|
Note: If your team is on the Enterprise tier, only the List Owner and List Admins will be able to export a saved view within a list (see List Level Permissions).
How to export a list
- Make sure you include the appropriate columns in the saved view you plan to export (see How to customize saved views in your lists).
- Click the Export button, then click Export view as CSV, which will send you an email with a link to download the CSV file.
Note: If you export a saved view that includes Crunchbase fields, they will be excluded (see Restrictions on exporting Crunchbase data). Feel free to export their equivalent Affinity Data fields instead.
- You can also click the Notification icon where you will receive a notification to download the CSV file.
- If needed, you can always go back to previous emails for previous exports and click the download link within the email that has been sent to your primary email address.
Note: The Connections column will not export any data at the moment.
How to export all lists (Enterprise Admins only)
Please note that this feature is only available for Enterprise Admins on the Enterprise tier.
- If you are an Enterprise Admin for your team's Affinity account, click on the Personal Avatar on the top-right corner, then click on Settings.
- Click on Export Data tab, then click Export for the second option: Export all of my team's lists.
Not receiving the export?
Here are some reasons why you may not be receiving an email about your export:
- You are exporting a very large set of data (thousands of rows and several columns). It may take some time depending on the amount of data being exported - if you still don't receive an email, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may have already received it in another email account you're syncing into Affinity. Please check your inboxes in your other email accounts.
Restrictions on exporting Crunchbase data
- Per our recent contract renewal with Crunchbase beginning March 22, 2021, Crunchbase fields will not be included in the exported CSV file, even if they are showing in the saved view that you exported from (see Updates to Crunchbase data on Affinity). Feel free to export their equivalent Affinity Data fields instead.