How to export data from your Affinity lists
When exporting a list, you can download the CSV file either via the email you will receive in your inbox or the Notification icon on the top-right corner. Depending on the list-type, here are the types of exports you can do within a list:
|People lists||Organization lists||Opportunity lists|
|Export this view as CSV||X||X||X|
|Export all notes in view||X||X||X|
|Export all people in view||X||X||X|
|Export all introductions in view||X||X|
Note: For users on the Enterprise Tier, Basic and Standard users at the list level can not export lists. For users on the Professional and Premium Tiers, Basic and Standard users at the list level can export lists (see List Level Permissions).
How to export a list
- Make sure you include the appropriate columns in the saved view you plan to export (see How to customize saved views in your lists).
- Click the Export button, then click Export view as CSV, which will send you an email with a link to download the CSV file.
Note: If you export a saved view that includes Crunchbase fields, they will be excluded (see Restrictions on exporting Crunchbase data). Feel free to export their equivalent Affinity Data fields instead.
- You can also click the Notifications icon where you will receive a notification to download the CSV file.
- If needed, you can always go back to previous emails for previous exports and click the download link within the email that has been sent to your primary email address.
Note: The Connections column will not export any data at the moment.
How to export all lists (Enterprise Admins only)
Please note that this feature is only available for Enterprise Admins on the Enterprise tier.
- If you are an Enterprise Admin, click on Settings on the global navigation bar on the left side of your screen.
- Click the Export Data tab, then click Export for the second option: Export all of my team's lists.
- Given that downloading all of the lists will contain a plethora of data, Affinity will only export certain columns for each list based on the list type:
- For people lists: Affinity Row ID, Person ID, Full Name, First Name, Last Name, Email Addresses, Primary Email, Date Added, Amount, Owners, Status, Time in Current Status, and Organizations.
- For organization lists: Affinity Row ID, Organization ID, Organization Name, Website, Date Added, Amount, Owners, Status, Time in Current Status, and People.
- For opportunity lists: Affinity Row ID, Opportunity ID, Opportunity Name, Date Added, Amount, Close Date, Owners, Status, Time in Current Status, Organizations, and People.
- Please note that these are the columns that will be exported for every list. Additional columns may be included in exports of certain lists based on whether they are default columns from Affinity's list templates.
Not receiving the export?
Here are some reasons why you may not be receiving an email about your export:
- You are exporting a very large set of data (thousands of rows and several columns). It may take some time depending on the amount of data being exported - if you still don't receive an email, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- You may have already received it in another email account you're syncing into Affinity. Please check your inboxes in your other email accounts.
Restrictions on exporting Crunchbase data
- Per our contract with Crunchbase, Crunchbase fields will not be included in the exported CSV file, even if they are showing in the saved view that you exported from (see Crunchbase data in Affinity). Feel free to export their equivalent Affinity Data fields instead.