What is Affinity Alliances?
Used in conjunction with Affinity's Pathfinder Chrome Extension, Affinity Alliances will enable you to share your network with your close colleagues and friends so that you can prospect better and mutually benefit from warm introductions.
Is Affinity Alliances free to use?
Affinity Alliances complements the Affinity CRM experience (paid service). If you are not paying for the Affinity CRM, you can still use Affinity Alliances as a standalone platform for free in conjunction with our Pathfinder Chrome Extension.
Feel free to skip to a relevant section below:
- What is an Ally? What do they see by allying with me?
- How do you make Allies?
- How do I get to my Alliances Dashboard?
- Navigating your Alliances Dashboard
- Removing an Alliance connection
- Note for Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) users
What is an Ally? What do they see by allying with me?
When you make an Alliance with someone on Affinity, they become your ally. As allies, you both agree to share with one another your respective networks.
Your allies will not be able to see your email or calendar data. In the same way, you will not be able to see their email or calendar data. Your allies will only be able to see your relationship strength with people you know. See example below:
- Who you know (Full name of your connections)
- How well you know them (Relationship strength you have with your connections)
How do you make Allies?
There are three ways you can form an Alliance with someone.
- You are a part of the same Affinity CRM deployment. All team members within the same Affinity CRM deployment are your allies by default. You and your team members will be able to see each other's connections and relationship strengths (see Connections and Relationship Strength).
- You send an invite on your Alliances dashboard.
- You join an existing Alliance Group (see What is an Alliance Group?).
How do I get to my Alliances Dashboard?
For Affinity CRM users:
- Click the Alliances tab on the top navigation bar.
For non-Affinity CRM users:
- If you are logged out, simply click Sign In on affinity.co.
- If you're already logged in, you can access your Alliances Dashboard via alliances.affinity.co.
Navigating your Alliances Dashboard
- Send Alliance invites to both people who are already on Affinity Alliances, as well as people who have yet to try Affinity Alliances.
- We'll surface new companies that have been added to your network based on the new people you are speaking with.
- Send Alliance invites to people who are already using Affinity Alliances.
- View all your allies and all the Alliance Groups you are a part of (see What is an Alliance Group?).
- View/edit your profile, manage your general settings and privacy settings, and read our FAQ section to learn even more.
Removing an Alliance connection
- Once in your Alliances dashboard, click the user icon on the top-right corner.
- Then, click View profile.
- Then, click the button next to your ally to remove your connection.
Note for Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) users
Affinity Alliances is currently optimized for users whose email clients are based on Gmail or Office365. It is not currently optimized for those whose email clients are based on Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise).
If you have a Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) email account, feel free to reach out to email@example.com by mentioning which email address you'd like to create an Alliance account for, as well as the custom EWS URL associated with this email address (see How to find your custom EWS URL).