When visiting a profile, you'll notice a log of activities at the bottom of the page. This is your Activity Timeline which you can use to track a running log of field value changes and team communications over time.
How the Activity Timeline works
- Synced email/calendar data and changing field values will be recorded on the entity's activity timeline.
- For example, changing the Status field (ranked dropdown) of a particular organization will be tracked on that organization's profile page.
- Scroll down on the contact's profile page to view the Activity Timeline.
Note: If you do not have access to certain lists, field updates for those lists will not surface for you.
Please note that only 6 out of 8 field types will have their field value changes recorded. The 6 field types are:
- Number (single & multiple values)
- Date (single values only)
- Location (single & multiple values)
- Ranked dropdown (single values only)
- Person (single & multiple values)
- Organization (single & multiple values)
These are the 2 field types that will not have their field value changes recorded.
- Text (single values only)
- Dropdown (single & multiple values)
Filtering the Activity Timeline
You can filter the Activity Timeline by the following attributes:
- All Employees/Current Employees
- For organization profile pages, you can filter activities either by All Employees and Current Employees. Note that Current Employees is determined by the Current Organization field.
- Meetings, Phone Calls, Sent/Received Emails, Sent/Received Messages, Notes, List Activity, Reminders, and Files
- Team Members
- Time Period