Once you've downloaded the Affinity for Outlook Add-in, you can start taking Affinity-related actions directly in your inbox.
How to sign in for access
- You will need to enter your subdomain when logging in from Outlook to authenticate your account (see How to find your Affinity subdomain).
- Note: Outlook users with SSO can also use the Affinity for Outlook add-in.
Actions you can take on Affinity for Outlook
- Click open any email thread, then click Affinity for Outlook on the top navigation bar. The Affinity for Outlook sidebar will appear to the right of the email.
- Based on the participants in the email thread, you will see all the opportunities and organizations associated with these participants. Click on any of the people, organizations, or opportunities to get more details (see Step 4 below).
- From the profile page, you can add the person or organization to a list or add a note. You can also click the Down arrow to take additional actions below:
- Click Add to Thread as Note to add the email thread as a note to the profile page.
- Click Upload Files to attach a file to the profile page.
- Click Open Profile in New Tab to open the profile page within your Affinity CRM.
- Toggle through the different tabs to see the Details, Notes, Connections, and Activity related to that person, organization, or opportunity.
Rest assured that we are continuing to expand the functionality of the Outlook add-in over time. Here are the current limitations for the time being:
- You cannot search for any contacts using the Outlook add-in.
- You cannot create or view any reminders on the Outlook add-in.
- You cannot create any new contact (i.e. people, organizations, or opportunities) using the Outlook add-in.
- You cannot add people or organizations to an existing opportunity or opportunity list. You can only add people to people lists, and organizations to organization lists.
- Any status changes made within the Outlook add-in will not trigger any required fields set up by status triggers.