Affinity's SFDC Visualizations is a managed SFDC package that provides components to visualize Affinity data in your Salesforce org. This document serves as basic instructions on how to install and set up this package into your Salesforce org. Once complete, you'll be able to unlock the power of Affinity's automation and view Affinity data in Salesforce.
Managed Package Details
Affinity's SFDC Visualizations package contains Visualforce components that can be embedded in your Salesforce Account and Contact views. The following is a list of components available for each view:
Step 1: Install into your Salesforce org
- Sign out of any Salesforce orgs you may already be signed into in your default browser.
- Access the following link to install Affinity's SFDC Visualizations package: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04t5f000000GtT0
- Sign in using the Admin account for the Salesforce org where you want the package to be installed.
- Choose the options you would like to use to install the package and continue by clicking the Install button.
- Once the installation is complete, you should see a confirmation page. Click
Step 2: Set up widgets on your preferred Salesforce views
- Navigate to the View where you would like to install an Affinity Visualizations widget. The available views are:
- Once on the specific View, use the setup gear icon and choose
Edit Pagein order to access the Lightning App Builder.
- In the Components section on the left side of the Lightning App Builder, use the search to filter Visualforce components.
- Drag and drop from the Visualforce Standard component onto the layout for the view, release the component when the view is highlighted green in the area where you'd like to include the visualization.
- If not already selected, click on the component that was just added to access the configuration and set up the following:
- In the Visualforce Page Name, click and choose the visualization you would like to display.
- Set a height to allow the visualization enough room to display its information.
- Make sure to Save your setup by using the
Savebutton at the top right of the Lightning App Builder.
Step 3: Enable the the new widgets for your Salesforce users
- If this is the first time you are modifying the page layout for this view, you will need to set up the Activation before the layout is available to your users. Use Salesforce's standard activation settings to do this.
- Make sure to save your settings again in the Lightning App Builder if you've changed the Activation settings.
Step 4: Sign in and test the new widgets to review Affinity data
- Close the Lightning App Builder to return to your View. You should now be able to see the Affinity visualization that you installed in the previous steps.
- Use your Affinity provided credentials to sign into your Affinity instance. Once signed in, you'll be able to view Affinity data in your Salesforce instance.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 above for any additional Components that you would like to install into the same or different Salesforce Views.