Accelerate and simplify your outreach processes by creating and using email templates within Affinity.
- How to create, save, and manage email templates
- How to use email templates when sending individual and bulk emails from within Affinity
- Limitations for dynamic fields in email templates
How to create, save, and manage email templates
- Click on your Personal Avatar on the top-right corner, then click on Settings.
- Click the Email Templates tab, then click New email template.
- Within the Add Template section, you can do the following:
- Fill out the Template name and Subject
- Fill out and customize the Email Body by using rich-text formatting and inserting dynamic fields like First Name and Last Name.
- Once you’re done making edits, click Save on the top-right corner.
- By default, your email templates will be sorted by Last modified. However, you can also sort by Template name or Subject. If there are many templates, you can also search by Template Name and Subject for quicker access.
- Click on the Preview icon to quickly view the content of your templates. From there, you can either click Back to view another template or click Edit template to make changes.
- You can also edit or delete templates by clicking on the ellipsis (3-dotted icon).
How to use email templates when sending individual and bulk emails from within Affinity
Using email templates when sending an individual email
- To send an individual email using an email template, click into the relevant contact’s profile page, then click the blue email button.
- Then, click the + icon to insert a pre-saved email template.
- When sending an individual email from Affinity, we will auto-fill any dynamic fields immediately when you insert the template.
Note: There are two exceptions where Affinity cannot auto-fill the dynamic fields from your email templates. They are outlined in the section below titled Limitations for dynamic fields in email templates.
Using email templates when sending personalized bulk emails
- To send personalized bulk emails to multiple people within a list, click into the relevant people list or opportunity list.
- Click the checkboxes next to the individuals you’d like to send emails to, then click the bulk email button.
- Click the + icon to insert a pre-saved email template.
- When sending emails in bulk, you won’t see dynamic fields auto-filled immediately. You must click Preview all to see them accordingly.
- Click through the arrows to confirm that they’re ready to go. You can also click Send me a test email to see what it would look like from the recipient’s end. Otherwise, click Back to compose.
- Should you need to make changes to any email templatesor your email signature, click the ellipsis (3-dotted icon).
- Last but not least, toggle on the Track email feature to track open, click, and response rates. Then, click Send # emails and you’re all set!
Limitations for dynamic fields in email templates
- When using an email template to send an individual email, you can edit the To field with an email address not linked to any person in your Affinity account. Given there is no contact and no name, Affinity will not be able to auto-fill any dynamic fields from your email templates.
- Affinity will also not be able to auto-fill any dynamic fields from your email templates if you have more than one email address in the To field.