With Team Activity Reports, you can quickly understand how many emails and meetings have taken place with certain individuals or organizations. Break it down further based on investment stage, industry, or pipeline status to determine areas where you and your team can improve on time spent.
Note: This video contains the old navigation bar on the top, whereas the current navigation bar now lies on the left side of your screen. While the remaining content is still the same, rest assured that we will be updating our videos accordingly.
Getting started with the Team Activity template
To get started, you can use the Team Activity template provided by Affinity:
- First, click into the list you'd like to report on, then click the + icon as shown below. Then, click the Team Activity template option to create a new dashboard view.
- Once the Team Activity report is generated, you will immediately see different visualization tiles and metrics based on the data within this list.
- Want to understand how certain visualization tiles were generated? Click the ellipsis (3-dotted icon) on the top-right corner of the visualization tile you want to dig deeper into, then click Explore from here.
- If you'd like to change the data fields being used for certain visualization tiles, click the ellipsis (3-dotted icon) on the top-right corner, then click Edit dashboard.
- Then, click the ellipsis (3-dotted icon) on the top-right corner of the visualization tile you want to dig deeper into, then click Edit.
Reporting on Interaction Direction - You can distinguish between Inbound and Outbound emails in their Team Activity Reports when using the Interaction Direction dimension.
Emails sent by internal contacts (your team members using Affinity) will be labeled “Outbound” while emails sent by external contacts (non-team members) will be labeled “Inbound” (see Internal vs. External Contacts).
In this example below, you can pivot by the Interaction Direction dimension to separate Inbound emails from Outbound emails, then filter out the null values.
Future meetings in Team Activity Reports - Team Activity Reports now include future meetings (up to one month from the present-day) so you can take into account upcoming meetings as well.
Since this retroactively impacts existing Team Activity Reports, you can exclude future meetings from previous and/or new Team Activity Reports by filtering them out using the Interaction Date dimension (see How to apply filters in dashboard views).
To learn more about customizing, filtering, and pivoting data on your dashboard view, check out our Help Center's dedicated section on Affinity Analytics.