Use Affinity to send personalized emails to multiple people at the same time. These bulk emails will still be sent through your email provider (e.g. Gmail or Microsoft Office365/Exchange) and your default email address, as shown on the From field (see below). If you’d like to change your default email address, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deliverability is our highest priority, so we have implemented risk-mitigating measures to prevent your email account from being considered as spam or reaching the rate limit set by your company or email provider.
- One batch of bulk emails is limited to 100 recipients at a time.
- Only one batch of bulk emails can be sent at a time. Once the current batch is fully processed, feel free to get started with the next batch.
Click on one of the following to jump to the relevant section:
- How to send personalized bulk emails
- How to keep your emails out of spam
- Troubleshooting common bulk email errors
- Limitations for Microsoft Client Credential Flow users
How to send personalized bulk emails
- Click into either the All People directory, any people list, or any opportunity list.
- Click the checkboxes next to all the people you'd like to bulk-send an email to, then click the Bulk email icon. To bulk-select all people in the view, click the first checkbox, scroll all the way down, then Shift + click the very last checkbox (100 people max).
When sending bulk emails within an opportunity list, click the check boxes next to all the opportunities for which you’d like to email people. The recipients will be determined by the individuals associated with each opportunity under the default People field (100 people max). Each recipient will receive their own email - if there are multiple individuals associated with a single opportunity, they will not be included together on the same email chain.
Note: You cannot send bulk emails within an organization list. If you have a list of organizations you would like to email, click the check boxes next to these organizations and use our Convert to Opportunities feature to send bulk emails within the opportunity list. Make sure to create the opportunity list first and use the "Prefill People from each organization" option.
From that opportunity list, you can then remove any individuals you do not wish to contact from the People field before initiating the bulk email process. Do not remove individuals from the People field in the organization list itself, since it will disassociate those individuals from their organizations entirely, which would have negative consequences across the platform.
- Now, click on Contacts to make sure that these are the people you’d like to send individual emails to. You can always add more people within the bulk email feature by clicking on the + Add more contacts search bar. You can also remove contacts by clicking on the x to the right of their name.
- Then, click Compose email right below.
- If you haven’t set up an email signature in Affinity yet, click the ellipsis (3-dotted) icon on the right side. You can insert links, use rich-text formatting, and add your company logo/image (learn more).
- From here, you can also access and manage your email templates within your Profile Preferences.
- Once you’ve set up your email signature, add up to 10 additional recipients for the CC and BCC lines if needed. These additional recipients will be CC’ed or BCC’ed on each and every email sent out.
- Type in an email subject. The email subject will be the same for all emails.
- To make sure each email is customized for each person, you can use the First Name and/or Last Name token in the email body. To insert one of the tokens, you can click the + icon on the bottom left corner.
- Alternatively, you can insert a pre-saved email template if you've already created email templates.
- Feel free to attach any files that are also relevant. All emails will include the same files.
- Make sure your files are one of our supported file types within Affinity.
- For Gmail users, the file size limit is 20MB.
- For Outlook users, the file size limit is 3MB.
- Click Preview all to see what your email would look like from the recipients’ perspective.
- Click through the arrows to see how each email would differ based on each recipient. You can also click Send me a test email and the test email should appear in your Inbox folder within the minute. None of the people you added to the CC or BCC lines will receive a copy of this test email.
Once you receive the test email, go Back to compose for any final edits before sending.
- If you’re ready to send, click the Send # emails button.
- To keep your emails out of spam, we will space out their delivery by a few seconds, which may take a few minutes to complete.
- After a few minutes, these emails should start appearing in your Sent folder.
- You will also receive both in-product and email notifications once all emails have been sent.
- All emails will be tracked within Affinity, so they should also show up on recipients’ profile pages in their Activity Timeline over the next several minutes.
How to keep your emails out of spam
Here are some tips for protecting your email reputation and making sure your emails are successfully delivered to your contacts’ inboxes:
Do not buy or rent email lists.
Do not scrape websites for email addresses.
Do not continue emailing people whom you have received bounce notifications from before.
Do not use red or white fonts in your email body.
Do not use ALL CAPS in your email subject line or email body.
Do not use too many exclamation points within your email!!!
Do not use spam trigger words and phishing phrases (e.g. WIN, Free!, LIMITED TIME, etc.).
Do not forget to use spell check, as spelling mistakes aren’t just unprofessional - they’re actually a spam trigger too.
Do not write a novel. Too much copy is another red flag for spam filters, so keep your emails short and sweet.
Avoid sending bulk emails to too many people at once. Affinity has set the limit to 100 recipients per batch of bulk emails to protect your reputation, but we don’t set a daily or weekly limit on the number of batches or overall emails sent. Be aware of your email provider’s email-sending limits (Gmail / Outlook), so you don’t get flagged!
Troubleshooting common bulk email errors
Should some of your emails fail, you will receive an email notification from Affinity summarizing what happened and which of your recipients didn’t receive emails. Here are some potential reasons why:
- Your email account may have disabled syncing either before or during the process of your emails being sent out.
- To re-enable syncing, please follow these steps: How to reenable syncing of data into Affinity
- Then, go back to the list and send the emails once more to those who failed to receive them the first time.
- Affinity does not have permissions to send emails on your behalf.
- To grant email permissions, go to affinity.co/auth/reauthorize.
- Then, go back to the list and send the emails once more to those who failed to receive them at first.
- You have met your email provider’s email-sending limits.
- Feel free to try sending the bulk email again tomorrow, or contact your IT team to find out whether there have been any limits potentially set by your company.
Limitations for Microsoft Client Credential Flow users
If you and your team members are using Microsoft Client Credentials to sign into Affinity, you will not be able to send emails through Affinity at this time. Rest assured that this feedback has been taken into account and will be prioritized accordingly.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to help.