Welcome to Affinity! As you sign in and start syncing your email/calendar data into Affinity, here's a quick overview to help you get started.
- Signing into Affinity for the first time
- Syncing your email/calendar data
- Syncing frequency
- Data and folder types not supported for sync
Signing into Affinity for the first time
Please sign in via the unique email invite that was sent to you by one of your team members or by your Affinity representative. Depending on which email provider your email account is based off of, select one of the articles below:
- How to sign in with Google
- How to sign in with Microsoft Office 365
- How to sign in with Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise)
- Setup Custom Single Sign-On (SSO) with Affinity
Syncing your email/calendar data
- Based on your email interactions, Affinity will auto-create people-type contacts for you if there are full names associated with each email address (see When does Affinity auto-create contacts?). These people will be auto-added to your All People directory.
- Based on the people that are auto-created, Affinity will also auto-create organization-type contacts for you if the person's email domain matches the organization's website.
- Example: If you've interacted with Jane Doe (email@example.com), then Jane Doe will be auto-created as a contact and the organization Affinity (affinity.co) will be auto-associated with Jane Doe. These organizations will also be auto-added to your All Organizations directory.
- Any email interaction that gets synced into Affinity will remain in your Affinity CRM, regardless of whether it gets deleted/archived from your inbox.
- Any calendar event more than 6 months in the past will remain in your Affinity CRM, regardless of whether it gets deleted or archived from your calendar.
When you sign in for the first time, Affinity will start syncing your email/calendar data. Depending on how many emails you have, it may take several hours for the syncing to be up-to-date. Once syncing is up-to-date, Affinity will continue to sync your data on an ongoing basis.
- Affinity checks your email accounts every 6-8 minutes to sync new data.
- However, processing and surfacing the data within the product may take additional time, depending on the amount of data and time of day.
- If you don't see your email/calendar data appear on Affinity over the next 24 hours, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with relevant information and screenshots - we'd be happy to help.
Data and folder types not supported for sync
Here are the few data/folder types that Affinity does not sync:
- Chat, Draft, Spam, Trash
- Gmail Contact Book
- Shared Folders
- Microsoft Office365 and Microsoft Exchange (On-Prem)
- Clutter, Conflicts, Conversation Action Settings
- Deleted Items, Drafts, Journal, Junk, Junk E-Mail
- Local Failures, Server Failures
- Notes, Outbox, Quick Step Settings
- RSS Feeds, RSS Subscriptions
- Shared Folders
- Suggested Contacts, Sync Issues, Tasks, PersonMetadata
- Microsoft Office365 Contact Book
- We only sync Exchange (On-Prem) Contact Books at the moment
Regarding archived emails/folders, learn more here: How to sync archived emails/folders into Affinity