Welcome to Affinity! We're excited to walk you through a series of videos to help you leverage the platform to its fullest. Here's a quick overview to help you get started.
Syncing your email/calendar data
- Based on your email/calendar interactions, Affinity will auto-create people-type contacts for you if there are full names associated with each email address (see When does Affinity auto-create contacts?). These people-type contacts will be added to your All People directory.
- Based on the people-type contacts that are auto-created, Affinity will also auto-create organization-type contacts for you if the person's email domain matches the organization's URL.
- Example: If you've interacted with "Jane Doe <firstname.lastname@example.org>", then Jane Doe will be auto-created as a contact and the organization Airbnb (airbnb.com) will also be auto-associated with Jane Doe. These organizations will be added to your All Organizations directory.
- Once an email gets synced into Affinity, they will remain in Affinity, regardless of whether it gets deleted/archived from your inbox.
When you sign in for the first time, Affinity will sync everything in your mailbox, from the oldest email to the most recent email. Depending on how many emails you have, it may take several hours for the syncing to be up-to-date. Once syncing is up-to-date, Affinity will continue to sync your data on an ongoing basis.
- Affinity checks your email accounts every 6-8 minutes to sync new data.
- However, processing and surfacing the data within the product may take additional time, depending on the amount of data and time of day.
- If you don't see your email/calendar data appear on Affinity over the next 24 hours, please reach out to email@example.com with relevant information and screenshots - we'd be happy to help.
Data and Folder Types not supported for sync
Here are the few data/folder types that Affinity does not sync:
- Chat, Draft, Spam, Trash
- Gmail Contact Book
- Shared Folders
- Microsoft Office365 and Microsoft Exchange (On-Prem)
- Clutter, Conflicts, Conversation Action Settings
- Deleted Items, Drafts, Journal, Junk, Junk E-Mail
- Local Failures, Server Failures
- Notes, Outbox, Quick Step Settings
- RSS Feeds, RSS Subscriptions
- Shared Folders
- Suggested Contacts, Sync Issues, Tasks, PersonMetadata
- Microsoft Office365 Contact Book
- We only sync Exchange (On-Prem) Contact Books at the moment
Regarding archived emails/folders, learn more here: How to sync archived emails/folders into Affinity