Microsoft Troubleshooting: Need Admin Approval or Approval Required
When signing into Affinity, you may get the message "Approval Required" or "Need Admin Approval" - below are two examples of what you would see.
Why am I seeing this?
Your IT team may have set up additional security measures for your Microsoft 365 account. You would need to loop in your Azure (Office365) Global Admin to assist with approving the request.
How can the Azure Global Admin approve requests?
- As the Azure Global Admin, you can use any of the "Request approval" invite links sent by your team members to start.
- Fill out your email address, then click Sign in with Microsoft.
- You will be redirected to Microsoft to authenticate using your email credentials.
- After authentication, you can provide consent to your team member to Affinity by clicking the check box, then clicking Accept (your consent page may look different than the image below). This will also add Affinity to your Azure Enterprise Application list (if you're not an invited user, no worries if you come across an error message).
- Now, log in at https://portal.azure.com/ to see Affinity appear under All applications.
- By clicking into the Affinity application, your team can see the permissions and the user and groups settings. Once this is updated, your team could start using Affinity.