Troubleshooting for Affinity's Pathfinder Chrome Extension
Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take if the Affinity Pathfinder Chrome Extension is not working on your Chrome web browser.
- Make sure your Chrome web browser is up to date.
- Make sure your Chrome web browser is not a Beta version.
- Make sure you are signed onto Affinity Pathfinder.
- On your Chrome web browser's search bar, type in chrome://extensions to make sure Affinity Pathfinder is enabled. You can also click Update to ensure you have the most recent version of Affinity Pathfinder.
- On your Chrome web browser's search bar, type in chrome://settings, click the Privacy and security tab, then click Cookies and other site data.
- You can choose either option: Allow all cookies or Block third-party cookies in Incognito. On the other hand, if you choose either Block third-party cookies or Block all cookies (not recommended), then Affinity Pathfinder will not work.
- If Steps 1-6 do not resolve the issue, uninstall and reinstall Affinity Pathfinder, and try one more time.
- If you're still running into issues, it may be that your VPN, ad blockers, or script blockers may be preventing Affinity Pathfinder from loading. Send an email to email@example.com with a screenshot of all your installed Chrome extensions and we'd be happy to take a deeper look.
Why aren't people or organizations being associated with the email thread?
- You must make sure that the people associated in the email thread exist as contacts in your All People directory.
- We only pull in the organizations based on the people who are surfacing under the "People" section. These organizations must be associated with the people.