Once you've downloaded the Affinity for Outlook Add-in (see How to download Affinity's Outlook Add-in), you can start taking Affinity-related actions directly in your inbox.
Note: The video below mentions that Outlook users with single sign-on (SSO) will not be able to use the add-in. As of December 1, 2020, Outlook users with SSO can now use the add-in as well.
Actions you can take on Affinity for Outlook
- Click open any email thread, and Affinity for Outlook will appear on the right-side.
- Click directly on the contact's name to quickly access their profile page in Affinity.
- Otherwise, click around the name to see the additional actions below.
- Click Add to List to add the contact to a list.
- Click Add Note to attach a note to the contact.
- Click Actions to either Attach files or Save email thread as a note and attach it to the contact.
The following below are current limitations. Rest assured that we are taking this feedback into consideration as we improve the Outlook add-in over time.
- You cannot search for any contacts using the Outlook add-in.
- You cannot create any new contact (i.e. people, organizations, or opportunities) using the Outlook add-in.
- Any status changes made within the Outlook add-in will not trigger any required fields set up by status triggers.
- Opportunities that people and organizations are associated with will not be surfaced.