Powered by Looker, Affinity Analytics will enable you to create new, robust visualizations of your data and share them with others on a recurring basis.
- Who can access Affinity Analytics?
- Understanding your role (Viewer or Creator)
- Starting with the basics
- Moving on to more advanced features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Who can access Affinity Analytics?
Interested in upgrading to Premium or Enterprise? Please reach out to your Affinity point of contact or email@example.com.
Understanding your role (Viewer or Creator)
- When Affinity Analytics is turned on for your account, all Admins in the account will be assigned the Creator role by default.
- On the other hand, all Standard users will be assigned the Viewer role by default.
|Actions to take||Viewer||Creator|
|Create a new dashboard view from existing template||X|
|Create a new dashboard view from scratch||X|
|Edit/Delete dashboard views within a list||X|
|Set up filters and cross-filters on dashboard views||X|
|Use filters and cross-filters on dashboard views||X||X|
|Rename dashboard views||X||X|
|Email a dashboard view||X (only to yourself)||X (to anyone)|
|Export dashboard views as PDF/CSV files||X||X|
|Drill into underlying data in visualization tiles||X||X|
Starting with the basics
Once you have access to Affinity Analytics, you can start with our "Creating Visualizations" video series. Then, click on the links below if you'd like to focus on a particular step in the overall process - we suggest watching them in sequential order:
- How to create a new dashboard view (Creators only)
- How to create and edit tiles in dashboard views
- How to apply filters in dashboard views
- How to pivot data on your dashboard views
- How to export dashboard views (for yourself and others)
- How to set up automated alerts for Affinity Analytics
- How to duplicate tiles and dashboard views in Affinity
- Troubleshooting common issues for Affinity Analytics
Moving on to more advanced features
Once you're familiar with the basics, feel free to check out the more advanced visualizations you can create:
- How to set win ratios in Affinity Analytics
- How to set and track goals using Affinity Analytics
- How to create custom groups in dashboard views
- How to create custom dimensions, measures, and calculations in Affinity Analytics
- How to track average days spent in each status using Affinity Analytics
- How to track last status before Lost or Passed using Affinity Analytics
- How to create probability-adjusted values for forecasting with Affinity Analytics
Frequently Asked Questions
How often does Affinity Analytics refresh the underlying data?
- Affinity Analytics will refresh the underlying data once every hour.
How can I tell if I am a Creator or a Viewer for Affinity Analytics?
- Creators will see the Edit dashboard option when clicking on the ellipsis (3 dotted icon) in the top-right corner of a dashboard view, while Viewers will not.
When it comes to creating reports in opportunity lists, are fields related to organizations also available?
Yes, organization-based enriched and global fields can be used in reports created within opportunity lists (see How to use organization-based fields in your reports for opportunity lists).
What is the time zone for the "Data last updated" timestamp in each dashboard view?
- "Data last updated" is based on the time zone you set in your Affinity Settings.
Can I use Crunchbase data within Affinity Analytics?
- Per our contract with Crunchbase, Crunchbase data cannot be used within Affinity Analytics.
- However, you can leverage our Affinity Data fields instead.