How to invite others to join Affinity Alliances
Want to ally with others, but not sure if they'll accept your invite? Our newly-designed invite flow makes sure that users understand everything that Affinity has to offer by joining Affinity Alliances.
- How to send an invite to potential allies
- What your potential allies will see
- Note for Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) users
- Additional Resources
How to send an invite to potential allies
- Go to your Alliances Dashboard, then click Invite allies.
- Type in the names/email addresses of the individuals that you'd like to send invites to.
- Customize your message to add a more personal touch.
- Preview what your invite email would look like from the recipient's point of view.
- Send invite.
- If they missed your invite, you can send them your invite link, which is also available by clicking on Ally requests.
What your potential allies will see
As soon as the invite is sent, your potential allies will receive an email with the following steps.
- Click View invite.
- See the value you'd get by joining Affinity Alliances, then click Get started.
- Login via Google or Microsoft based on which one your email account is running on.
- We'll start generating your network and your relationship strengths with individuals as we sync your email/calendar data. We will not be sharing your email/calendar data with anyone. Your allies will only be able to see who you know (full name) and how well you know them (relationship strength score between 10-100).
- Now, you can download the Affinity Pathfinder Chrome Extension to surface your Affinity connections on LinkedIn and on any website you visit.
Note for Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) users
Affinity Alliances is currently optimized for users whose email clients are based on Gmail or Office365. It is not currently optimized for those whose email clients are based on Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise).
If you have a Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) email account or are sending an invite to someone who has one, feel free to reach out to email@example.com by mentioning the email address, as well as the custom EWS URL associated with this email address (see How to find your custom EWS URL).