With the new Affinity for Outlook add-in, Microsoft users can now take Affinity-related actions straight from their inbox (on both the Outlook web app and desktop app).
Note: This add-in is only available for Office 365 and Exchange (On-Prem) accounts. Furthermore, it will only be compatible for Outlook versions after Outlook 2016.
- How to download Affinity for Outlook Add-in (Web App)
- How to download Affinity for Outlook Add-in (Desktop App)
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Web App: Checking your cookie settings
- Desktop App: Missing or Disabled Add-in icon (for Windows/PC)
- Desktop App: Missing or Disabled Add-in icon (for Mac)
How to download Affinity for Outlook Add-in (Web App)
- Make sure to sign in to your Outlook account that has specific access to your Affinity instance. Open any email, then click the ellipsis (3-dotted icon). Click Get Add-ins.
- Search for Affinity for Outlook.
- Click Add.
- While on any email, you'll be able to see the Affinity add-in.
How to download Affinity for Outlook Add-in (Desktop App)
- Open your Outlook desktop application.
- On the Home tab, click Get Add-ins on the top-right section of your screen.
- Search for Affinity for Outlook, then download the add-in.
Web App: Checking your cookie settings
- On the top-right corner of your web browser, click the ellipsis (3-dotted icon), then click Settings.
- Click Privacy and security, then click Cookies and other site data.
- Make sure your cookie settings are either Allow all cookies or Block third-party cookies in Incognito. If they are set to Block third-party cookies or Block all cookies (not recommended), then Affinity's Outlook add-in will not work.
Desktop App: Missing or Disabled Add-in icon (for Windows/PC)
- Click File to open additional options.
- Select Office Account, and select Manage Settings.
- Check the box for Enable optional connected experiences, then click OK and restart Outlook.
- If you still do not see the add-in appear after restarting, open your Office Options menu and go to File > Options.
- Select Customize Ribbon (1), then select All Commands (2). Then, click Add-ins (3) and click Add>> (4) to add the Add-ins icon to your Ribbon (menu bar).
- Click OK to save your changes.
Desktop App: Missing or Disabled Add-in icon (for Mac)
- Click Outlook on the top left corner, then click Preferences.
- Click on Privacy.
- Click Manage Connected Experiences.
- Ensure all checkboxes are enabled, then click OK. You may need to restart Outlook to apply these changes.
Note: Some users may have to ask their IT team for permission in order to use Affinity's Outlook Add-in. See Specify the administrators and users who can install and manage add-ins for Outlook to learn more.