How to log outside interactions into Affinity
For any interactions not captured in your email or calendar (i.e. Linkedin, WhatsApp, text messages, or unscheduled calls/meetings), you can manually log them on any contact's profile page to ensure:
- These interactions enrich the context of your/your team's communications history with certain organizations or opportunities.
- These interactions improve the relationship strengths you have with your connections.
How to log outside interactions in Affinity
- Once on the contact's profile page, click on the Log Interaction tab.
- Choose one of three interaction types: Meeting, Call, or Message.
- Note: Choosing Meeting or Call will enrich the Last Meeting and Last Contact columns.
- Note: Choosing Message will only enrich the Last Contact column.
- Make sure to add a person that is associated with the organization or the opportunity (as shown in the People field below). This will not notify the external contacts, they are simply being tagged as part of the note.
- Type in your note, tag a team member in the note using the @ mention, then click Save.
- If you do not add a person that is associated with the organization or opportunity (as shown in the People field below), you will not be able to log the interaction successfully.
- These notes will show under the Activity Timeline, in the Notes tab on the right sidebar of the contact's profile page.