Have you noticed the new look-and-feel of your Affinity lists? We're here to help answer any questions you may have!
Introducing Affinity's new tab-based layout
Now that all lists have the tab-based layout, you can now open multiple saved views at the same time. You now have two types of views to choose from:
Type 1 - Sheet View
For our regular Affinity users, this is the same list layout you have known all along.
Type 2 - Board View
Learn more about our recently released Affinity board views.
Note: Only status options in the "Open" category will be shown as columns in board view. If there are multiple status options in the "On-Hold", "Lost", and "Won" categories, they will show up after you drag/drop into one of the three categories. You can click the icon right next to the "+" button for each status option to collapse the column.
List-level changes vs View-level changes
It is important to know the difference between the list-level actions you can take regarding the entire list and the view-level actions you can take regarding each individual saved view.
Changes on the list level (from left-to-right)
- Click on the list title to easily edit the title (list admins/owners only)
- Click on the star icon to easily favorite/unfavorite the list
- Click on Share to share the list with your team members (list admins/owners only)
- Click on List options to see a dropdown of additional actions you can take on the list level
Changes on the view level (from left-to-right)
- Click on Views to choose from these options:
- See and access all your saved views, both public and private
- Pin/unpin saved views
- Copy saved view link to share with others
- Delete a saved view
- Toggle between all saved views you have access to and your private saved views
- Click on the + icon to choose from these options:
- Create a new saved view
- Access an existing saved view
- Choose a recommended template provided by Affinity
- Click on the blue + icon to add a contact as an entry to the list
- Click on the saved view title to easily edit the title
- Click on View Permissions icon (globe icon or person icon) to determine who can access the saved view and to change it to a default saved view
- Click on the Search icon to easily find a contact within the saved view
- Click on Filters to filter by particular columns
- Click on the Manage columns icon (now three vertical lines) to create/hide/show columns
- Click on the Filter interactions icon (now a line connected by dots) to filter for a particular team member's communications
- Click on the Save icon to choose from these options:
- Update the saved view with the changes you made
- Create a copy of the saved view with the changes you made
- Create a new saved view that is the alternate layout of the current view
- If it is a sheet view, then save as new board view
- If it is a board view, then save as new sheet view
- Click on the Revert icon to revert back to the saved view's original status (i.e. filters applied and column re-sizing/re-positioning, not edits made to the cells/field values)
- Click on the Export icon to choose from these options:
- Export the current saved view as a CSV file
- Export all the people in the current saved view as a CSV file (only shown in organization and opportunity-type lists)
- Export all the notes in the current saved view as a CSV file
- Click on the Full screen icon to view in full screen mode
If you have any feedback/questions, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org - your thoughts and insights are highly valued as we continue to improve your Affinity experience!