In Affinity lists, there are 4 different user types at the list level: Basic, Standard, List Admin, and List Owner (the user who created the list). The table below shows the actions that each user type can take.
|Basic||Standard||List Admin||List Owner|
|Set user types at list level||X||X|
|Create/Edit/Delete Opportunity Triggers||X||X|
|Share list with other team members||X*||X*|
|Set list-specific default profile fields||X||X|
|Set list-specific default creation fields||X||X|
|Set/Update default saved views||X||X|
|Edit status options in the "Status" field||X||X|
|Edit dropdown options in dropdown-type fields||X||X||X|
|Create/Rename list-specific fields||X||X||X|
|Delete list-specific fields||X**||X||X|
|Edit cells on list-specific fields||X||X||X||X|
|Export a saved view within a list||X||X||X***||X***|
|Create/Update personal/team saved views||X||X||X||X|
|Create/Edit/Delete Reminder Triggers||X||X||X||X|
- * - If your team is on the Enterprise Billing Tier, only the Enterprise Admin(s) can share a list globally with all team members, even if you created the list yourself.
- ** - Standard users at the list level will only be able to delete list-specific fields if all cells for that field are empty. If there are cells that are populated with field values, standard users will not be able to delete these list-specific fields.
- *** - If your team is on the Enterprise Billing Tier, only the List Owner and List Admins will be able to export a saved view within a list.
How to change user type at the list level
If you are the list owner or a list admin, you may share and set different user types that allow different list level permissions.
- Click the Share button on the top right corner.
- Check the box for Exceptions.
- Enter a team member and select a user type (Basic, Standard, or Admin).
- Click Save.
Note: Being an Account Admin (see Account Level Permissions) does not mean that you are automatically a List Admin for all lists that you have access to. To have full list privileges, you must ask the List Owner to make you a List Admin as well (see Sharing lists).
What about global fields?
Global fields (see What are Global Fields vs List Fields?) can only be created/renamed/deleted by Account Admins and the Enterprise Admin (see Account Level Permissions). However, all user types will be able to edit the content within these global fields.
NOTE: At this time, only List Admins and the List Owner will have access to viewing the user permissions for each user. All team members invited to a shared list will be a Basic user by default.