In Affinity lists, there are 4 different user types at the list level: Basic, Standard, List Admin, and List Owner (the user who created the list). The table below shows the actions that each user type can take.
Note: Being an Account Admin (see Account Level Permissions) does not mean that you are automatically a List Admin for specific lists that you have access to. To have full list privileges, you must ask the List Owner to make you a List Admin as well (see Sharing lists).
Permissions by User Type
Please note that the Enterprise Admin role only applies to Affinity subscriptions that are on the Enterprise Tier.
|Basic||Standard||List Admin||List Owner||Enterprise Admin|
|Share list with all team members||X|
|Share list with specific team members||X||X||X|
|Create/Edit/Delete Opportunity Triggers||X||X||X|
|Create/Edit/Delete Status Triggers||X||X||X|
|Set/View user types at list level||X||X||X|
|Set list-specific profile fields||X||X||X|
|Set list-specific default creation fields||X||X||X|
|Edit status options in the "Status" field||X||X||X|
|Create/Update team saved views||X||X||X|
|Edit dropdown options in dropdown-type fields||X||X||X||X|
|Create/Rename list-specific fields||X||X||X||X|
|Delete list-specific fields||X*||X||X||X|
|Edit field values on list-specific fields||X||X||X||X||X|
|Export data from a list||X**||X**||X||X||X|
|Create/Update personal saved views||X||X||X||X||X|
|Create/Edit/Delete Reminder Triggers||X||X||X||X||X|
- * - Standard users at the list level will only be able to delete list-specific fields if all cells for that field are empty. If there are cells that are populated with field values, standard users will not be able to delete these list-specific fields.
- ** - For users on the Enterprise Tier, Basic and Standard users at the list level can not export lists. For users on the Professional and Premium Tiers, Basic and Standard users at the list level can export lists.
How to change user type at the list level
Only the List Owner and List Admins can assign user types to specific members on that particular list. If the list is shared with everyone on the account, those not assigned a specific user type under Exceptions will be a Basic user at the list level.
- Click the Share button on the top right corner.
- Check the box for Exceptions.
- Enter a team member and select a user type (Basic, Standard, or Admin).
- Click Save.
Note: Being an Account Admin (see Account Level Permissions) does not mean that you are automatically a List Admin for all lists that you have access to. To have full list privileges, you must ask the List Owner to make you a List Admin as well (see Sharing lists).
What about global fields?
Though all user types can edit the field values within global fields, only account admins can create/rename/delete global fields.
- If your team is on the Enterprise Tier, then only the Enterprise Admin can create/rename/delete global fields (see Account Level Permissions).