What does Affinity need to set up an Impersonation Account?
- Impersonation Email Address
- Impersonation Username(Not always required)
- Impersonation Password
- Exchange Web Service (EWS) URL
- Most Office 365 users will be using the default EWS URL (https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx)
What happens next?
Once your company has provided the relevant information described above for EWS Impersonation, you will see an option to log in via SSO on your Affinity deployment. After logging in for the first time, we’ll start syncing your data, and the product is ready to use!
Note: We may also have to whitelist IPs depending on your security protocols.
What other types of name naming convenient would it be called?
- Service Account that has given the role of impersonation
- Impersonation Account
Can Affinity support you on setting up EWS?
Unfortunately, we don't have expertise on the Exchange administrator to do a walk through - with our other customers, we have leveraged online materials/guides to complete this setup. Here is the typical flow:
- Create a new Exchange Account
- Create a new Role Group and add Application Impersonation and View-Only Recipients Roles within the group. This will allow us to pull in the team members emails into the platform with view-only access.
- Add in the new Exchange account as a member
- Provide the username and password of the account to us, we can add into the backend
Note: The naming conventions may be different but the actions are the same for Office 365. Please also note that they use View-only configuration vs. View-only recipients.