Here is a quick overview of Settings to ensure that your Affinity experience is set to the way that you like:
- Team management
- Profile field customization
- Default fields
- Billing (Admin only)
- Payment methods (Admin only)
- Export data (Admin only)
- Date and time
In the "Accounts" tab, you can view which of your personal/work email accounts are connected and syncing into Affinity.
- From here, you can choose to add as many additional Exchange/Gmail accounts as you'd like, as well as remove particular email accounts later on if needed (Adding/Removing your email accounts).
- Should you choose to disconnect/disable syncing for any of these email accounts, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and state which ones you'd like to disconnect, along with whether you'd like to keep or remove their associated email/calendar data that have been syncing into Affinity up until then.
In the "Team management" tab, you can view your team members/colleagues who also have access to the team Affinity account.
- From here, you can invite additional team members to the team Affinity account (Adding Users to Affinity).
- You can also deactivate users who are no longer using Affinity and reactivate them later on (Deactivating/Reactivating Users on Affinity). Since deactivating users will keep the email/calendar data they have been syncing until their time of deactivation, send an email to email@example.com if you'd like for us to remove their email/calendar data from the team Affinity account.
In the "Notifications" tab, you can set the frequency in which you'd like to receive email notifications for "Unanswered Emails," "Reminders," "When I'm added as an owner," "Notes," and "Shared Lists" (Setting email notifications).
In the "Privacy" tab, you can determine the granularity of what you'd like to hide/show to your team members (i.e. internal contacts) regarding your email/calendar interactions with external contacts (Internal vs. External Contacts).
- From here, you can choose to hide or show email/calendar bodies, hide or show email subjects/calendar titles, and hide all interactions for a particular contact (Privacy Settings).
In the "API" tab, you will provided with an API key that you can use to set up integrations with other apps (API Documentation).
Profile field customization
When viewing a contact's profile page, there is a "Details" section that shows you different fields for different lists.
- From here, you can view the layout of the global fields that show up in the "General" tab. For list-specific fields, they will show up under the "Opportunities" and "Lists" tabs. (Curious about Global vs List-Specific Fields?)
- To customize the layout of these views in the "Details" section, you can do so by going to Settings > Profile field customization (How to customize Profile Fields).
Default fields are the fields that you can include when you/your team members create a new person, organization, or opportunity contact.
- You will be able to choose the global fields found under "General Fields" and the list-specific fields under "Opportunities," "Organizations," and "People."
- To customize the layout of these default creation fields, and determine which will be required fields, you can do so by going to Settings > Default fields (How to customize Default Fields).
Billing (Admin only)
In the "Billing" tab, you will be able to see the "Current plan and usage," "Amount to pay," and "Payment method" (Billing).
Payment methods (Admin only)
You can currently pay via credit card or ACH.
Export data (Admin only)
In the "Export data" tab, you will be able to export all of your/your team members' notes made on all people, organizations, and opportunities with the click of a button. To learn more about exporting data from lists and only a specific subset of notes, you can check out Exporting a list and Exporting Notes.
Date and time
In the "Date and time" tab, you will be able to select the "Time Zone," "Time Format," and "Date Format" to your liking (Changing Date & Time Preferences).
In the "Imports" tab, you will be able to see all the imports you have conducted. The relevant information provides you with the list you imported into, the original CSV file you imported, the date/time of your import, the number of additional rows/entries added to the list, and CSV files that explain the rows that were skipped or the individual cells that were skipped (Import History).