Here is a quick overview of your Profile Preferences and Affinity Settings to ensure that your Affinity experience is set up as intended.
View which of your personal/work email accounts are connected and syncing into Affinity.
- You can choose to add and sync as many additional Gmail/Microsoft accounts as you'd like. You can also remove them and their synced data later on (see How to add/remove your email accounts).
- If an email account stops syncing, you can reenable sync by signing out and signing back in with that email account (see How to reenable syncing of data into Affinity).
Customize your email signature so that it gets applied every time you send an email to others through Affinity (see How to set up email signatures in Affinity).
You can set the frequency in which you'd like to receive email notifications for Unanswered Emails, Reminders, When I'm added as an owner, Notes, and Shared Lists (see Email Notifications).
Date and Time
In the "Date and time" tab, you will be able to select the "Time Zone," "Time Format," and "Date Format" to your liking (Changing Date & Time Preferences).
Determine how much of your email/calendar data you'd like to hide/share to your team members (i.e. internal contacts) regarding your email/calendar interactions with external contacts (see Internal vs. External Contacts).
- You can choose to hide or show email/calendar bodies, hide or show email subjects/calendar titles, and hide all interactions for a particular contact (Privacy Settings).
View all team members who also have access to your team's Affinity account.
- You can invite additional team members to the team Affinity account (Adding Users to Affinity). Please note that this will incur additional costs to your Affinity subscription.
- You can also deactivate team members who are no longer using Affinity and reactivate them later on (Deactivating/Reactivating Users on Affinity). Since deactivating users will keep the email/calendar data they have been syncing until their time of deactivation, send an email to email@example.com if you'd like to remove their email/calendar data as well.
Duplicate Management (Admins only)
View all potential duplicates found in your All People and All Organizations directories. Quickly merge them if they are indeed duplicates (see How to merge duplicates).
Profile Field Customization
When viewing a contact's profile page, there is a "Details" section that shows you different fields for different lists.
- From here, you can view the layout of the global fields that show up in the "General" tab. For list-specific fields, they will show up under the Opportunities and Lists tabs (see Global vs List-Specific Fields).
- To customize the layout of these views in the "Details" section, see How to customize Profile Fields.
Default fields are the fields that you can include when you/your team members create a new person, organization, or opportunity contact.
- You can choose the global fields found under General Fields and the list-specific fields under Opportunities, Organizations, and People.
- To customize these default creation fields, and determine which will be required fields, see How to customize Default Fields.
Billing Settings (Admins only)
In the Billing Settings tab, make payments for unpaid seats and view billing history (see Billing).
Payment Methods (Admins only)
You can currently pay via credit card or ACH.
View all the imports you have conducted. The relevant information provides you with the list you imported into, the original CSV file you imported, the date/time of your import, the number of additional rows/entries added to the list, and CSV files that explain the rows that were skipped or the individual cells that were skipped (see Import History).
Export Data (Admins only)
Export all of your/your team members' notes made on all people, organizations, and opportunities with the click of a button. To learn more about exporting data from lists and only a specific subset of notes, you can check out Exporting a list and Exporting Notes.
Integrations (Admins only)
Integrate Affinity with the services you know and love (see Getting started with native integrations in Affinity).
Generate your API key that you can use to make API calls or set up integrations with other apps (API Documentation).