How to import notes into Affinity
Switching to Affinity from another platform and need to migrate over some notes? We can help with that.
Callout: Importing these notes will have to be done by Affinity Support - using the standard importer within the Affinity CRM will lead to errors given that that your CSV file can contain multiple notes for the same contact (i.e. person, organization, or opportunity). Simply request a note import by writing into email@example.com.
Callout: Note imports can only support one type of contact at a time (i.e. people, organizations, or opportunities), so make sure the CSV file contains only one type of contact for the Tagged Entity section (see below).
What your CSV file must contain
Make sure the following columns are present in your CSV file - see the example data of notes only associated with organizations (Column C) below:
- Email address required since only your team members can be authors of notes.
- Date Created
- MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, and YYYY/MM/DD formats supported.
- Just make sure that all the cells are in one (and the same) format in your CSV file.
- Tagged Entity - We can only import notes for one type of contact at a time: people-type, organization-type, or opportunity-type.
- Email address if it is a people-type contact
- Organization Website if it is an organization-type contact
- Opportunity name if it is an opportunity-type contact
- The body of the note.
Once you have these columns, feel free to write into firstname.lastname@example.org with your CSV file attached and we will import your notes for you.