Switching to Affinity from another platform and need to migrate over some notes? Importing these notes will have to be done by Affinity Support - using the standard import process will lead to errors given that that your CSV file can contain multiple notes for the same contact (i.e. person, organization, or opportunity).
Callout: Note imports can only support one type of contact at a time (i.e. people, organizations, or opportunities), so make sure the CSV file contains only one type of contact for the Tagged Entity column (see Column C for example).
Steps to import your notes into Affinity
- Make sure these 4 columns are present in your CSV file:
- Author (Column A): Email address required since only your team members can be authors of notes.
- Date Created (Column B): MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, and YYYY/MM/DD formats supported.
- Just make sure that all the cells are in the same format in your CSV file.
- Tagged Entity (Column C): We can only import notes for one type of contact at a time: people-type, organization-type, or opportunity-type.
- Email address if it is a people-type contact
- Organization Website if it is an organization-type contact
- Opportunity name if it is an opportunity-type contact
- Content (Column D): The contents of the note itself.
- Once you have these columns in the proper format, send over the CSV file to email@example.com and we will import your notes for you.