Reminders are a great way of making sure that no tasks are forgotten. There are three ways to create reminders:
- Plus icon (+) on the bottom-left corner
- On any contact's profile page
- On the Reminders column in any list
- Reminder Triggers in any list
Once you're done setting up reminders, here are some helpful next steps/tips:
Plus icon (+) on the bottom-left corner
Click the Plus icon (+) on the bottom-left corner, then click Set Reminder.
On any contact's profile page
- Click Set Reminder, then fill out the relevant fields.
- You can view all reminders related to that contact by clicking on the Reminders tab on the right side of your screen. You can also filter reminders by Created by, Assigned to, or Type.
On the Reminders column in any list
- Click on any list.
- Make sure the Reminders column is on display. If it isn't, click on Manage Columns and check the box for Reminders.
- Double-click on any cell below the Reminders column to see all reminders about that contact and to create a new reminder.
Reminder Triggers in any list
To create automatic reminders based on the default Status column in any list, check out Reminder Triggers.
Where to view all of your/your team's reminders
Once you have set up your reminders, you can view all past, present, and future reminders for not just yourself, but also for your team members by following the steps below:
Note: If you are on the Enterprise tier, you and your team members may not see all reminders based on the different levels of sharing options set by the Enterprise Admin (see Enterprise Permissions).
- Click Reminders on the left-side of your screen.
- On the Reminders page, you can switch between the Pending and Completed tabs to see past, present, and future reminders. You can also filter all reminders by:
- Which team member assigned the reminders
- To which team member the reminders were assigned to
- If your notification preference for reminders is set to Immediately (see Email Notifications), then you will receive two notifications for a reminder - one immediately when a team member assigns a reminder to you and another on the reminder's due date.
- For reminders that you set for yourself, you will not receive immediate email notifications - you will only receive email notifications when they are due.
- For reminders that team members assign to you, you will receive email notifications both when they are first assigned, as well as when they are due.
- Reminders added to a person's profile page will also show up on the profile pages of the organizations and opportunities the person is associated with.
- Reminders added to an organization's profile page will NOT show up on the profile pages of the people or the opportunities the organization is associated with.
- Reminders added to an opportunity's profile page will NOT show up on the profile pages of the people or the organizations the opportunity is associated with.