At Affinity, we take your privacy seriously and have built a series of features designed to allow you to customize your privacy settings.
- As a reminder, Affinity will only surface your interactions with external contacts (people who have a different email domain relative to your team's registered email domain on Affinity).
- For example, if your registered email domain is "@affinity.co," Affinity will only surface your/your team members' interactions with contacts whose email domains are not "@affinity.co."
- Affinity will not surface your interactions with internal contacts (i.e. your team members who have the same email domain as you and the registered email domain on Affinity).
Here are the 3 options within Privacy Settings:
First, you will want to get to your Privacy Settings page:
By default, this setting is Off and you will only be sharing your interactions and email subjects with your team. In other words, although they can see the interaction and the email subjects, they cannot see the email bodies).
By toggling it On, you are given two options
- All of your email interactions: This option allows all team members on your Affinity deployment to see all your email conversations (interactions, email subjects, and email bodies).
- Select specific lists that you want your team to see email interactions for: This option allows all team members on your team deployment to see only the interactions with particular contacts within specific lists. Only users who have access to those lists will be able to see the interactions.
You will now be able to view the email bodies by clicking the email icon (shown below).
Hide Email Content
By default, this setting is turned Off which means you will only be sharing your interactions and email subjects (not email bodies) with your team.
By toggling it On, you will hide all subjects and meeting titles from your team members. However, other users will still be able to see that an interaction has occurred (as shown below).
By default, no external contacts have their interactions with you/your team members hidden. However, if you wish to completely hide interactions with certain people, you can add their email addresses here.
Note: Hidden Contacts are applied across your entire Affinity deployment. So if one user adds a contact to the list of Hidden Contacts, that contact's interactions will be hidden for everyone, not just for the person adding.