This article provides an overview of how to log into Affinity with your Exchange account(s). If you/your team does not use 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) or Single Sign-On, then you can login using your Exchange email address and its associated password. If you are using 2FA or SSO, please see Troubleshooting for Exchange Login.
Logging in via Web
- To login, enter your custom organization URL on your web browser's search bar (which is typically formatted as follows):
- Click "Sign in with Exchange"
- Then, fill in these four fields:
- Exchange email address
- Exchange email password
- Exchange username (also known as EWS username)
- If you have an EWS username, then fill it in.
- If you don't have an EWS username, then leave this field blank.
- Exchange URL (also known as EWS URL)
- Click "Show advanced settings" to show this field.
- If your company uses a custom EWS URL, then contact your IT team.
- If your company doesn't use a custom EWS URL, then use the default EWS URL (https://outlook.office365.com/ews/exchange.asmx).
Note: You can also login via the Affinity homepage at www.affinity.co. Affinity will provide the default EWS URL for your convenience. If your organization has a custom EWS URL, click "Show advanced settings" to change the URL (Check with your IT team if you're unsure which URL to use).
Logging in via Mobile
- Make sure you are first logged into Affinity's web app.
- Download Affinity's mobile app (iOS or Android).
- Depending on whether you have single sign-on (SSO), 2-factor authentication (2FA), or the standard login procedure, your login flow may vary accordingly.
- Troubleshooting for Exchange Login
- Logging into Affinity with Gmail (Web & Mobile)
- Using Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Impersonation Service Account