- Create and view notes on a profile page
- Create and view notes within a list
- Create private and/or team-specific notes (Enterprise only)
- Important Callouts
Create and view notes on a profile page
Whether it's the profile page of a person, organization, or opportunity, the mechanics are the same.
- Click into any profile page, then click Add Note, Log Meeting, or Log Call.
- If you log a meeting/call with participants, they will not be notified in any way. It is simply to keep track of who you had the meeting/call with.
- Type out the note, using @ mentions to notify your team members as well.
- Click the Notes tab on the top-right corner to see the history of all notes that were added to that contact.
Create and view notes within a list
- Click on a cell within the Notes column to see the sidebar appear from the right.
- See all notes that you and your team members have added to that specific contact.
- This includes regular notes and notes attached to logged meetings/calls.
- Add a new note, then click Save.
Create private and/or team-specific notes (Enterprise only)
If your team is on the Enterprise Tier, only the Enterprise Admin will be able to set your note sharing options (see What content types can the Enterprise Admin adjust sharing options for?). This includes the ability to now create private notes or team-specific notes.
- After adding your note in the text box, click Share with... to view your sharing options.
- This button will also appear when adding a note on a profile page.
- Then, choose a specific sharing option. Not all options may appear based on what the Enterprise Admin has turned on/off in Settings.
- If any of the three options are not visible to you, please speak to your Enterprise Admin to add the option (see What levels of sharing options can the Enterprise Admin toggle on/off for these content types?).
- Everyone - this option shares your note with everyone in your account, regardless of what team they're on.
- Teams and Users - this option allows you to select which team(s) can view your note.
- Only You - this option allows you to make a private note that only you can view.
- If you navigate away from the page while drafting up a note, don't worry - Affinity will auto-save your draft.
- You can only edit/delete the notes you have created, you cannot edit/delete notes that your team members have created.
- Notes added to a person's profile page will also show up on the profile pages of the organizations and opportunities the person is associated with.
- Notes added to an organization's profile page will NOT show up on the profile pages of the people or the opportunities the organization is associated with.
- Notes added to an opportunity's profile page will NOT show up on the profile pages of the people or the organizations the opportunity is associated with.