Affinity auto-creates contacts for you so you can focus on the more important things. Here are the ways in which Affinity auto-creates contacts:
1. When an internal (you or your team members) sends an email to externals (non-team members).
- Creates contacts for the externals.
2. When an external (who is already a contact) sends an email to internals and other externals (who are not already contacts).
- Creates contacts for the other externals.
3. When an external (who is not already a contact) sends an email to one or more internals and at least one external who is already a contact.
- Creates a contact for the external.
NOTE: Affinity will not auto-create contacts for any inbound emails you receive that you choose not to respond to. We treat these as spam contacts to prevent the creation of unwanted contacts.
NOTE: Affinity requires first and last names to be associated with email addresses. If no first and last names are found, then we will use their email address as a placeholder (rather than not create the contact at all). You can simply search by their email address, then edit their name.
NOTE: East Asian characters are currently not supported at this time, which also may explain why you don't see external contacts with East Asian characters being auto-created despite your interactions with them.