As of 09/28/2018 Affinity's note feature allows for rich text formatting.
Moving forward Affinity notes allow for
- Rich text formatting controls
- Click the [A]
- Common keyboard shortcuts work as well
- cmb+B. cmd+I, cmd+U
- Typing - (dash, space) or 1. (1, period, space) automatically starts a list
- Mentioning people
- Mentioning people in a note has a refreshed appearance. Mentioned people may be cut/pasted just like other text
- Multiple levels of bullet points are currently not supported
- On mobile: You can view and save notes, but only in plain text. If you try to view a rich text note, it will have its formatting represented in **plain text** (Markdown)
- You cannot currently tag the same person more than once in a note. You can however tag as many people as you like
- We do not support links with custom titles, but all URLs in a note are clickable once you save the note.