Depending on your Affinity subscription tier, you will have different account roles and different permissions for each account role. Review the tables in this article to understand what you can or cannot do based on your account role.
- What account roles are available for each tier?
- Professional and Premium Tiers
- Enterprise Tier
- How to change a user's account role and view permissions for each role
- Important Callouts
What account roles are available for each tier?
- Professional/Premium tiers: Admin and Standard
- Enterprise tier: Enterprise Admin, Admin, and Standard
Note: Being an Admin at the account level does not automatically make you a List Admin for the lists that you have access to. To have full list privileges for certain lists, you must ask the List Owner to make you a List Admin as well (see How to share lists in Affinity).
Professional and Premium Tiers
These are the default roles and permissions provided for Professional and Premium tier accounts. Please note the following regarding access to the Affinity API:
- Professional tier customers who have signed up before July 5, 2023 will have access to 40,000 API calls/month
- Professional tier customers who have signed up on/after July 5, 2023 will not have API access.
- Premium tier customers will have access to 100,000 API calls/month, regardless of when they signed up.
Please note that these are the default roles and permissions provided for Enterprise tier accounts - the permissions for your team may vary if your Enterprise Admin has made any changes by clicking Edit Permissions.
What permissions can the Enterprise Admin change? (Enterprise only)
- If you're an Enterprise Admin on your account, click Edit Permissions to see what permissions can be changed.
- These are all the permissions that can be enabled/disabled for Admin and Standard users (click on screenshot to enlarge). Once you're done making changes, click Save.
Note: Account roles are hierarchical (any permissions given to Standard users will also be given to Admin users by default).
- If you have feedback on other permissions you'd like to change that aren't currently editable, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to change a user's account role and view permissions for each role
- Click on Settings on the left-side of your screen.
- Click Users and Permissions, then select an account role (Admin or Standard) for each team member.
To learn more about the different permissions given to each account role, click on the Roles tab.
If you're an Enterprise Admin on the Enterprise tier, you can also edit certain permissions by clicking Edit Permissions (see the section titled: What permissions can the Enterprise Admin change?).
- Professional/Premium tiers: Only the Admin(s) can set the account role of their team members to Standard or Admin.
- Enterprise tier: Only the Enterprise Admin(s) can change users' account roles by default, but they can delegate these permissions to Standard or Admin roles by clicking Edit Permissions.
- The Enterprise Admin role cannot be assigned in-product. Please contact email@example.com or your Affinity representative to do so.
For Enterprise Admins on the Enterprise tier:
If you remove the permission for Admin and/or Standard users to generate an API key, the following will occur:
They can no longer generate an API key (the API tab in Settings will be hidden).
All existing API keys attached to each user will be disabled.
If you decide to reenable the permission for Admin and/or Standard users to generate an API key, the following will occur:
Their previous API keys will not be reenabled and they will need to generate a new API key.