Use the Funnel Analysis Report to track how list entries progress through the different stages in your pipeline.
- Click Reports.
- Click Funnel analysis by date added or Funnel analysis by reporting period.
Funnel Analysis by Reporting Period
- Takes list entries that were within the Open category of the Status column in the given date range.
- Summarizes all of their status changes from when each entry was created until the end of the given date range.
For example, if the Reporting Period was set from January 1st 2019 - March 1st 2019, then any entry that had their status changed will be shown on this report (even if that organization was added to the list December 2018).
Funnel Analysis by Date Added
- Takes list entries added to the list in the given date range via the Date Added column.
- Summarizes all of their status changes from when each entry was created until now.
For example, if the Date Added period was set from January 1st 2019 - March 1st 2019, then the report will only show entries that were added to the list between January 1st and March 1st. If there was an entry added in late December, it will not appear on this report.
Funnel Analysis Breakdown
You can expand a section of our Funnel Analysis reports and see details related to the specific entries within each status. To make the reports more usable, we've added a row of headings within the expanded subsections.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to each status (i.e. New, In Progress, etc.).
- See the entries within each status and when they progressed.
Why does the Funnel Analysis Report include all previous status changes?
The Funnel Analysis Report must include all the previous statuses that the entry was in. This means that for each entity that was in the "Open" category at some point in the reporting period, we show its entire progress from the first status in the "Open" category, even if those changes occurred outside of the reporting period.
The reason is, if we didn't include all previous statuses for each entry, it would lead to an inconsistent display. As a simple example, if there was 1 entry added to New and 2 entries added to In Progress, with no other changes:
- The funnel would not end up looking like a funnel (it will be larger in the middle than at the top).
- % from top for In Progress would be over 100% when it should be lower than 100%.