This step-by-step walkthrough will help you set up an integration to:
- Send an email that has a company and a note to a designated email address
- Add a company to a list in Affinity
Total parts: 3
Note: This Zap requires emails to be sent in a specific way for Zapier to be able to identify contacts. Based on the format of this Zap, the company's name should be the first line of the email body.
Before starting, two things must be done:
- Send a sample e-mail with a company and notes in the format required to your email address. This will be later used by Zapier to test out the integration
- Click here to accept your invite to use Affinity’s integration. Sign in, and then navigate to the home page and click MAKE A ZAP! at the top to get started!
Listen for whenever a new email is created.
- Choose a Trigger app by going under “Search hundreds of apps…”, type in and click Gmail (or whichever email that you want to use)
- Click New Email, then Save + Continue
- Click Connect an Account and connect your Gmail account. Then, select it and press Save + Continue
- Select which Mailbox the emails will be sent to, and press Continue
- Click Fetch & Continue to verify everything is working, then click Continue again
- Make sure that the notification says that the test is successful.
Retrieve the Company's Name from the E-mail
- Under “Search hundreds of apps…”, type in and click “Affinity (2.3.3)”
- Click Find an Organization, and then Save + Continue
- Click Connect an Account
- Enter your Affinity API key, which you can find like so: http://recordit.co/DPiteWFuQT. Select it, then press Test to check that the account is connected. Then click Save + Continue
- Under Search Term, press the square button on the side and select Message Body Plain
- Check the Box that says "Create Affinity organization if it doesn't exist yet?"
- Under Name, choose Message Body Plain again
- Test the step, and make sure you get a notification saying "Test Successful!". Add another step.
Add the Company to the List
- Select Affinity as you did before, and press Find a List Entry
- Choose your account as you did before
- Choose the List you want to put the contact into
- Under the Person field, type in "Use a Custom Value (advanced)". A new field called "Custom Value for Person ID" will pop up
- For this new field, press the square button on the right. Scroll down and select the Name tag
- Check the box next to "Create Affinity list entry if it doesn't exist yet?"
- You're done! Make sure that you get a "Test Successful!" notification.