This step-by-step walkthrough will help you set up an integration to:
- Create or fetch a contact in Affinity whenever a note is made in Evernote
- Add a note to that contact
Note: This Zap requires notes in Evernote to be entered in a specific way for Zapier to be able to identify names and columns. Information into Evernote needs to be entered in a way such that contact's name is entered in as a title, and the contact's notes are in the description.
Steps to follow
- Choose a Trigger app by going under “Search hundreds of apps…”, type in and click Evernote.
- Click New Note, then Save + Continue.
- Click Connect an Account and connect your Evernote account. Then, select it and press Save + Continue.
- If you'd like for Evernote to send notes from a specific notebook, choose one and click Continue.
- Click Fetch & Continue to verify everything is working, then click Continue again.
- Make sure that the notification says that the test is successful. If it’s not successful, make sure that your Evernote account is correctly signed in.
- Now, under “Search hundreds of apps…”, type in and click Affinity.
- Depending on what your note is about, click Search for (or Create) a Person if it's a person or click Search for (or Create) an Organization if it's an organization. For this example, we'll choose the first option. Press Save + Continue.
- Click Connect an Account.
- Enter your Affinity API key, which you can find like so: http://recordit.co/DPiteWFuQT. Select it, then press Test to check that the account is connected. Then click Save + Continue.
- Under “Search Term”, click the filtering icon on the right side of the bar.
- Find and click the note's title that represents the Full Name field.
- Check the box next to “Create Affinity (2.3.0) person if it doesn't exist yet?”. Enter in the person’s Full Name into its respective field.
- Click Continue, then Search or Create & Continue. Check that you get a notification that says “Test Successful!”
- Now there is one more step left, which is to add your note to that person. Click Add a step. Under “Search hundreds of apps…”, type in and click Affinity (2.3.0) as you did before.
- This time, press on Create a Note.
- Select your Affinity account that you connected earlier, and then press Continue.
- You will now see 3 fields: Person, Organization, and Content. Depending on your note, you will select a value for either the Person or Organization field. Since we are taking a note on a person in this example, we will enter in a value for Person.
- Under the Person field, press on Add a Search Step - this will create a third step.
- Under Search Term, click on the grey button, press the Evernote button, and then press Title.
- Press Search & Continue. Make sure you get a notification that says "Test Successful!", and then press Continue.
- Go back to the Create a Note step, and navigate back to the page where the Person, Organization, and Content fields were.
- This time, press on the grey plus button under the Content field. Select the option that contains your note, which corresponds to Content Text.
- Click Continue, and then Create & Continue. After making sure that the notification says Test Successful!, click Finish.
- That's it! Name your Zap and then turn it on.