This step-by-step walkthrough will help you set up an integration to:
- Identify whenever a person is added on an Affinity List
- Add that person to a list in Mailchimp
Listen for whenever a person is added into an Affinity List
- Under “Search hundreds of apps…”, type in and click “Affinity (2.3.0)”
- Click New List Entry, and then Save + Continue
- Click Connect an Account
- Enter your Affinity API key, which you can find like so: http://recordit.co/DPiteWFuQT. Select it, then press Test to check that the account is connected. Then click Save + Continue.
- Enter the List that you want to scan for new entries, and press Continue. After double checking the qualifications, then press Fetch & Continue.
- Make sure that you get a notification saying that the test was successful before moving on. Press Continue.
Forward Contacts to MailChimp
- Under “Choose an Action App”, type in and click on MailChimp
- Press on Add/Update Subscriber, and then Continue
- Connect your MailChimp account, and then press Save + Continue
- Under “List”, press on the list you want to add contacts to
- Under “Subscriber Email”, press on field that says “The person’s primary email”. This represents the email address that is associated with the contact you’re adding into MailChimp. Press Continue.
- Press Create & Continue. Make sure that the test is successful.
- That’s it! Give your Zap a name and then turn it on.