Whether it's a person, organization, or opportunity, you will be able to see all the relevant information about a contact on their respective profile page.
Note: This video contains the old navigation bar on the top, whereas the current navigation bar now lies on the left side of your screen. While the remaining content is still the same, rest assured that we will be updating our videos accordingly.
Feel free to also follow along with screenshots and text below:
1. Edit Name/Email/Domain, Export Notes, Merge Duplicates, or Delete Contact
- Edit the name of person, organization, or opportunity.
- Edit a person's email addresses or an organization's domains.
- Export notes associated with the person, organization, or opportunity.
- Merge duplicate people or organizations.
- Delete person, manually-created organization, or opportunity.
- Organizations that are enriched by Affinity Data cannot be deleted.
2. Add Notes, Log Interactions, Set Reminders, and Upload Files
- Add a note to the person, organization, or opportunity (see Creating and Viewing Notes).
- Log an interaction with a person, organization, or people associated with an opportunity (see How to log outside interactions into Affinity).
- Set a reminder about a person, organization, or opportunity (see How to set reminders in Affinity).
- Upload relevant files to that person's, organization's, or opportunity's profile page for you/your team members to collectively access (see How to upload, download, and remove files on Affinity).
- Contains enriched fields and global fields related to that contact (see Fields: Enriched, Global, and List-specific).
- To customize which enriched fields and global fields you'd like to see on a profile page, see How to customize Profile Fields.
- Contains list-specific fields from each opportunity that the contact is associated with (see Fields: Enriched, Global, and List-specific).
- To customize which list-specific fields you'd like to see on an opportunity's profile page, see How to customize Profile Fields.
- Contains list-specific fields from each list that the contact is associated with (see Fields: Enriched, Global, and List-specific).
- To customize which list-specific fields you'd like to see on a profile page, see How to customize Profile Fields.
6. Activity Timeline
- Ability to see a chronological timeline of Sent/Received emails, Meetings, Phone calls, List activity, Files, Notes, and Reminders.
- For organization profile pages, you can filter activities either by All Employees and Current Employees.
- Current Employees is determined by the Current Organization field.
- Select which activity types to filter by (see Activity Timeline on Profiles).
- Don't see email/calendar data on certain profile pages? It may be that you're viewing an internal contact's profile page (a team member or someone whose email domain has been considered by your admin to be treated as if they were team members) rather than an external contact's profile page (someone outside of your team) - see Internal vs. External Contacts to learn more.
7. Side Bar
- Ability to see the Connections, Introductions, Notes, Reminders, and Files associated with a person/organization (see Leveraging your Connections and Relationship Strengths).
- Note: Opportunities do not have Introductions.
Now that you understand the main sections of a profile page to find the information you need, we'll go over Affinity's search functionality - both across the CRM and when searching for specific data points within the context of a list: Conducting searches in Affinity.